His name was supposedly confirmed to be Angelo after Adele was spotted wearing a necklace bearing the name. On June 29, 2012, Adele confirmed her pregnancy, and it was later confirmed that Adele had already been almost seven months pregnant when she announced the news. On October 20, 2012, it was reported that Adele had given birth to a baby boy the previous week, although her spokesperson would not comment on whether it was true or not. More reports stated that they had received the same information and that the baby had been born on Friday, October 19, 2012 somewhere in the UK.
When Adele made her comeback to the public at the Golden Globe Awards in 2013, she confirmed her son's birth as well as stating her plans to keep the child's name private for the time being, due to it being "personal" for her. A few days later, however, she did confirm that she has affectionately given him the nickname "Little Peanut," or simply "Peanut." After winning the award for Best Original Song at the Awards the same night, Adele thanked her then-three-month-old son, although she declined to refer to him by name. In December 2014, after much speculation, Adele confirmed the child's name to be Angelo through a note to Elton John that was posted online.
In July 2014, Adele won a five-figure sum in damages after paparazzi published photographs of Angelo the previous summer. Jenny Afia, Adele's lawyer, stated that Adele insisted Angelo never become "public property." She continued, "It is a matter of profound sadness that many of his milestone moments, such as his first family outing and his first trip to playgroup, were photographed and published worldwide expressly against his family's wishes." The damages from the settlement with photo agency Corbis Images UK will be held in a trust for Angelo, and the agency agreed not to use the photos again.
Angelo served as inspiration for some of the songs on Adele's third studio album, 25. "Remedy," one of the first tracks written for the album, was inspired by him. He also inspired the album's closer, "Sweetest Devotion," which features a recording of his voice during the song's intro and outro.
After rumors that Adele had given birth hit the media, people began questioning whether or not Adele would make an official statement regarding the child's name. Finally, in late January 2013, just three months after the birth of the child, Adele was asked about the name of the child. Although she stated she wasn't revealing it at the time and that it was "personal" for her, a few days later, she wore a necklace bearing the name Angelo, causing speculation that that was indeed the child's name. It was later reported that the child's full name is Angelo James Konecki. The name was finally confirmed indirectly by Alan Carr, a close friend of Adele's, in an interview:
|“||I knew about [Adele's] pregnancy and her son's name before it came out, but I'd rather I didn't. I have to plead with her not to tell me any personal secrets because there's always the risk I'll have a few too many wines, get on Twitter and put the world to rights.||”|
- ↑ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2267442/Adele-baby-Little-peanut-revealed-Angelo-James-Konecki.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
- ↑ http://www.adele.tv/blogcache/i-ve-got-some-news/
- ↑ http://www.starpulse.com/news/Casey_Johnson/2012/07/10/adele_already_7_months_pregnant
- ↑ http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/adele-reportedly-birth-baby-boy-article-1.1188519
- ↑ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/15/adele-baby-name_n_2479461.html
- ↑ http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/adeles-babys-name-is-little-peanut-1549026
- ↑ http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/07/23/adele-1-year-old-son-wins-lawsuit-against-paparazzi/
- ↑ http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/adele-inside-her-private-life-and-triumphant-return-20151103?page=10
- ↑ http://www.npr.org/2015/11/24/457252109/you-cant-prepare-yourself-a-conversation-with-adele?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=storiesfromnpr
- ↑ http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2015/12/14/motherhood-adele-25/75530710/
- ↑ http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2013/1222/494388-alan-carr-adele-hasnt-changed/
- ↑ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2883066/Adele-sends-apologetic-note-Elton-misses-wedding.html
- ↑ http://www.noise11.com/news/adele-baby-name-finally-revealed-20130125