Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| Song by Adele|
from the album 19
|19 track listing|
|"Best for Last"|
"Daydreamer" is the first track from Adele's first album, 19. It precedes "Best for Last" on the album. "Daydreamer" was also one of three songs recorded for her unreleased demo which gained her a record deal (the other two being "Hometown Glory" and "My Same"). On June 8, 2007, Adele made her first TV debut on Later... with Jools Holland, performing "Daydreamer."
Adele's fans are referred to as Daydreamers as a reference to this song.
Background and compositionEdit
This song was the first track on Adele's debut album 19. According to her, it was about falling for a friend of hers who was bisexual. Adele explained to the Sun newspaper January 18, 2008 that this song is about falling for a bisexual friend:
|“||It was about a friend of mine, who's still one of my best friends and he was bi. I am so jealous of girls anyway that having to fight with boys as well, I just couldn't do it. But I started falling in love with him around my 18th birthday. He convinced me that it would be fine but that night he kissed one of my best boyfriends and I was like: 'Get lost!'||”|
She further stated, "I had no problem with him being bisexual, but I can't fight off girls and boys. I get jealous enough as it is. It's about everything I'd hoped he'd be and we'd be, but he would never be and we would never be. So, it's me daydreaming about him."
Live performances Edit
Adele performed "Daydreamer" on Later... with Jools Holland on June 8, 2007, as her television debut. It was performed throughout her An Evening with Adele tour in support of the album 19, and was performed on select dates of her Adele Live tour in support of her album 21 as well.
She also performed it for her television special Adele Live in New York City; during the performance, she played the guitar for the song, which she cited as the reason for not wearing fake nails during the concert.
|UK Singles Chart||171|
- Adele – songwriting, vocals, guitar
- Jim Abbiss – producer, mixer
- Richard Wilkinson – mixer, recording
- Serge Krebs – mixing assistant
- Helen Atkinson – recording assistant
- ↑ http://www.adele.tv/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20734
- ↑ http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=10145
- ↑ http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/playlist/33091/Adele-s-bi-guy
- ↑ http://www.musicnotes.com/sheetmusic/mtdFPE.asp?ppn=MN0074291&
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/19_(Adele_album)#Credits
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/adele-nbc-special-recap-8-846551/item/adele-nbc-special-daydream-guitar-846558
- ↑ https://www.discogs.com/Adele-19/release/1655018