|“Devil On My Shoulder”|
|Song by Adele|
In January 2014, however, some publications misinterpreted the appearance of the song on the American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers' (ASCAP) website and believed it to be a new song from Adele's third studio album. It was later confirmed to be a rejected song from 21.
In October 2016, Greg Wells tweeted that he was listening to the song, which he described as "crazy fun" and "so good," implying that the recording still exists and could be released at a later date.
Wells later revealed more details about the song in an interview with Billboard:
|“||Fans know about it. It’s a song called ‘Devil on My Shoulder.’ [Adele] registered it [with performing rights organizations]. And her fans caught it and they’re like, ‘Ooh, what’s that?’ It was sort of a Bo Diddley, very uptempo, kind of like ‘50s, almost big-band thing that was really fun. She has emailed me since [writing], ‘We gotta finish that thing!’ And she sounds amazing on it, but it really did not fit what became 21. It’s just a very fun, psychotic, very uptempo song. I hope at some point the world will hear it, because it’s actually great. We didn’t quite finish it, but it’s really fun. And we had a blast working on it together.||”|
- ↑ https://mobile.ascap.com/aceclient/AceWeb/#ace/search/workID/886607274
- ↑ http://www.capitalfm.com/artists/adele/news/new-song-devil-on-my-shoulder/
- ↑ http://www.gigwise.com/news/87749/adele-registers-devil-on-my-shoulder-with-ascap-new-single-or-album
- ↑ https://twitter.com/greg_wells/status/791326692191023105?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fatrl.net%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcore%26module%3Dsystem%26controller%3Dembed%26url%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fgreg_wells%2Fstatus%2F791326692191023105%3Fs%3D21
- ↑ https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/podcasts/8464884/pop-shop-podcast-greatest-showman-soundtrack-greg-wells-interview