Glee is a musical comedy-drama series that has become popular all around North America. The show focuses on the lives of teenagers participating in their school's glee club, New Directions. The show has become incredibly popular and the cast has performed several Adele songs throughout the course of the show.
- Gwyneth Paltrow (who portrays Holly Holiday on the show) performed "Turning Tables" in the episode "Night of Neglect". Paltrow's version of the song helped the song earn success on the charts and has helped it to be chosen as the fifth and possibly final single from 21.
- The characters Jesse St. James and Rachel Berry performed "Rolling in the Deep" in the episode "Prom Queen". The performance made reference to the characters' broken relationship. They performed John Legend's acapella version of the song.
- A recent episode, "Mash Off", contains a performance of a mashup of two of Adele's songs - "Someone Like You" and "Rumour Has It". The choosing of performing the mashup of these two songs may have also helped "Rumour Has It" be chosen as the fourth single from 21. The performance was also incredibly popular, especially being that it was Glee's 300th performance.
- After Glee was renewed for a fourth season on Fox, it was revealed that the rumored first big group number performed by the cast will be a cover of Adele's hit single from 19, "Chasing Pavements".
- Turning Tables - Glee Wiki
- Rolling in the Deep - Glee Wiki
- Rumour Has It/Someone Like You - Glee Wiki
- ‘Glee’ Mashes Up Adele’s “Rumour Has It” And “Someone Like You” And It’s Amazing | Music News, Reviews, and Gossip on Idolator.com
- Glee Season 4 - Melissa Benoist Heat, Lea Michele Groove, Adele and Thanksgiving!