|"Hiding My Heart"|
| Song by Adele|
from the album 21
|21 track listing|
|"If It Hadn't Been for Love"|
"Hiding My Heart" (sometimes referred to as "Hiding My Heart Away") is a song recorded by Adele for the UK limited edition release of her sophomore album, 21. It was originally recorded by Brandi Carlile for her album, The Story, in 2007. The song was written by Tim Hanseroth and produced by Rodaidh McDonald. It was one of two bonus tracks released for the UK limited edition of the album, the other being "If It Hadn't Been for Love."
Composition and original versionEdit
"Hiding My Heart" is a song that is exactly 3 minutes and 28 seconds long. It was written in the key of C Major , according to MusicNotes. It was written by Tim Hanseroth and was originally performed by Brandi Carlile as a hidden track on her album The Story in 2007. Following this, Adele performed a cover of it and included it on some European extended editions of her album 21.
Before Adele covered it, she said in an interview that the song made her very emotional. She added that one of her friends exposed her to the song, and "It's so cheesy but I'm really relating to that song at the moment." She said that the song "really makes me cry."
On May 5, 2009 (Adele's birthday), Adele performed at the Roseland Ballroom in New York City for her An Evening with Adele tour. The performance was praised, with some considering it better than the studio version.
- Adele – vocals
- Tim Hanseroth – songwriting
- Ben Thomas – guitar
- Rodaidh McDonald – producer, mixer
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21_(Adele_album)#Track_listing
- ↑ http://www.musicnotes.com/sheetmusic/mtdFPE.asp?ppn=MN0098169
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Story_(Brandi_Carlile_album)#Track_listing
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvFdhicwvb8
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2aejXvMGbM
- ↑ https://www.discogs.com/Adele-21/release/5420863
- ↑ https://www.discogs.com/Adele-21/release/2665297