| Song by Adele|
from the album 25
|25 track listing|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"When We Were Young"||"Water Under the Bridge"|
The song peaked at number 30 on the Finland Chart and number 30 on the Switzerland Chart. It also charted in Australia, Austria, Canada, France, Germany, Scotland, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States.
"Remedy" was one of the first songs written for the album and was inspired by several important people in Adele's life, primarily her son, Angelo. Adele co-wrote the track with Ryan Tedder, who she previously worked with on "Rumour Has It" and "Turning Tables" from 21. The New York Times revealed details regarding the song's composition: "Mr. Tedder had the word 'remedy,' some waltzing piano motifs, and the idea that the song might be about someone beloved; he looked to Adele for the rest." Tedder added, "Adele immediately said, 'This is about my kid.' That unlocked the whole lyric. And it was done, written, and recorded that day." The song was recorded in New York City.
The song, which has been compared to Adele's own version of "Make You Feel My Love," made Adele tear up when she wrote it. Speaking about the song to Rolling Stone, she revealed, "I wrote it about my child. But I sang it for everyone that I really love. When I wrote it, I got my confidence back in my writing 'cause I believed in myself." i-D confirmed that although the primary inspiration of the song was Angelo, Adele also wrote "Remedy" for her best friend, boyfriend, and grandparents.
Tedder tweeted about his anticipation for the album as a whole, especially "Remedy," calling it a "tear jerker [sic]." Four months prior to the album's release, he had accidentally confirmed the song's title after posting a picture of a Pro Tools session with the caption "Adele NYC Remedy," before deleting it shortly after. During a fan Q&A session on Twitter, Tedder expressed interest in Adele releasing the song as a single from the album.
Prior to the release of 25, Adele partnered with Target to promote the album. Seven short music videos were filmed for different songs on the album in order to promote the Target deluxe edition, one of which was for "Remedy." The video features Adele looking into the camera, which gradually zooms in closer to her, with a pained expression on her face, before blinking at the conclusion of the chorus.
"Remedy" is the only song from the standard edition of 25 that was never performed live.
- Adele – songwriting, vocals
- Ryan Tedder – songwriting, production, piano, keyboards, bass
- Tom Elmhirst – mixer
- Joe Visciano – mixing assistant
- Mike Piersante – engineer
- Rich Rich – engineer
- John Prestage – engineering assistant
- Martin Hollis – engineering assistant
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remedy_(Adele_song)
- ↑ http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/15/arts/music/adele-25-album-interview.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=1&module=ArrowsNav&contentCollection=Music&action=keypress®ion=FixedLeft&pgtype=article
- ↑ http://www.cbc.ca/radio/popup/audio/player.html?autoPlay=true&clipIds=2679574917&mediaIds=2679575304
- ↑ http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/adele-inside-her-private-life-and-triumphant-return-20151103?page=10
- ↑ https://i-d.vice.com/en_gb/article/adele-exclusive-full-cover-story-i-d
- ↑ https://twitter.com/OneRepublic/status/663845685339402240
- ↑ http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=38644
- ↑ https://twitter.com/OneRepublic/status/784441780611588096
- ↑ https://corporate.target.com/article/2015/11/more-music-adele-sneak-peek
- ↑ https://www.discogs.com/Adele-25/release/7748058